Acem Meditation: An Introductory Companion
A comprehensive description of Acem Meditation, with practical, psychological and existential perspectives.
by Are Holen and Halvor Eifring
This book helps established practitioners of Acem Meditation, but also TM and other non-directive mantra meditations to maximise their benefits from the practice. The book discusses psychological, philosophical and existential aspects of Acem Meditation. Readers wanting to explore the relevant issues in a broader context, or who simply are looking for advice for how to deal with aspects of their meditation practice may find this book to be a source of inspiration.
In English-speaking countries, the book is used as course material for the beginner's course and is included in the course fee.
- Getting started
- Notions and recommendations
- Practical advice
- Long meditations – a brief introduction
- Getting into process
- Personality development
- Acem Meditation and the unconscious
- Metathoughts – reflections of self-images
- Acem Meditation and other meditation practices
- “It takes two to see one” – Acem Meditation guidance
- The meditation sound
- Road map to growth